- Company Profile
- Plant & Equipment
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us
Company "Environmental" Policy
JDS acknowledges that the business of construction and building has the potential for significant impact on the environment. So as to remain pro-active in regards to environmental impacts the company activities may create, JDS has resolved to implement Environmental Management Protocols and Procedures for all contracts undertaken. This emphasizes the importance JDS attaches to environmental matters. JDS is, and will remain, an environmentally responsible corporate company on all its contractual work.
JDS’ Environmental Management System is based on AS / NZS ISO 14001:2004 and is designed to meet the minimum standards of NSW Government Environmental Management Systems Guidelines.
- JDS in stating its environmental policy is totally committed to the following goals:
- To promote the conservation and preservation of the environment’s natural resources.
- Commitment by its management, employees and subcontractors to continual improvement and programs to prevent pollution by JDS activities to the environment.
- The ongoing commitment to implementation of a training and improvement program within JDS for its management, employees and subcontractors.
- Continual compliance with all state environmental legislation as well as JDS’ clients’ requirements.
- Prioritization by JDS to use of subcontractors and suppliers who have a commitment to NSW Government Environmental Management Systems Guidelines.
- To continual improvement of JDS Environmental Management System, its objectives and its targets brought about by JDS’ Client’ external audits as conducted on JDS contracts from time to time.
- Implementation of emergency response mechanisms on all JDS contracts.
Notwithstanding this JDS must meet the clients minimum requirements for its contractual work, JDS will always endeavour to continually better, the clients minimum requirements, in its day to day activities in such areas as recycling and the use of environmental sensitive products wherever possible.
JDS will continue to induct and train its employees and subcontractors in Environmental matters especially in its works inside National Parks, where environmental compromise is unacceptable for whatever reason.
In all JDS contracts especially during its construction activities, JDS stated Environmental goal is to endeavour to stop, or to minimize, any pollution back into the natural Environment (air, noise & water).